This would not be possible without a software equipped with advanced collaboration functions that facilitate teamwork and that is "secure by design" and guarantees the confidentiality of communications, encrypting all flows of audio, video and data from point to point passing through the server, regardless of the number of people connected.
Tixeo has been developing secure video-conferencing, video-collaboration and video-presence solutions for 15 years, and today it is the only software capable of offering this type of multipoint encryption. Four years ago Tixeo founders decided to use its own technology to virtualize the company creating a collaborative & virtual workspace for all the employees and implementing videocommuting.
The multiple advantages of this change are:
- Costs reductions both for the company that stopped paying rents and for the employees that stopped assuming the expenses of moving everyday to a physical office.
- Time saving for the employees and conciliation of personal and professional life, because when working from home they can take care of their sick children or babies, they can attend to a technician who comes to repair something, etc. Even for workaholics it is good to see that at the end of the working day their colleagues are disconnected, as this helps to comply with a schedule and not extend the working day more than necessary that usually happens to the teleworker "workaholic" who is alone.
- Attraction and retention of talent expanding the range of options when hiring staff, hiring the best and not the ones who live closest. This means that Tixeo's staff is spread over different countries and cities. However, every 3 months all the staff get together and during 2 days they organize various activities (outdoors, tourism, gastronomy, sport, etc.).
- Increased productivity because being video-connected the answers are quick and immediate in real time and the collaboration functions make teamwork much more agile. In addition, interruptions, lack of privacy, crossed conversations, noise, etc., situations that occur when sharing a physical space, are avoided. The advanced collaboration functions allow to make subgroups, which increases the concentration, having the rest of the team at the reach of a click.
- Environmental benefits by reducing CO2 emissions from car journeys.
- Increased flexibility and mobility because the worker can be connected from anywhere, he/she only needs a good internet connection.
- Increased motivation, happiness, commitment. Employees increase the feeling of belonging to the team and to the company, with the consequent improvement of the working environment and retention of talent. In addition, videocollaboration humanizes labour relations much more, as it allows to better know the person behind the professional.
- Decrease of absenteeism and sick leaves. For example, if a colleague is incubating a flu there is no risk that it will spread to the rest of the team.
- It improves the brand image of the company (visionary, innovative, ecological, avant-garde, digital, human, socially responsible).
To conclude videocommuting avoids the disadvantages of telecommuting (solitude of the teleworker, isolation, lack of discipline, lack of focus on work, lower productivity, lack of commitment, lack of support / help in real time, etc) and the disadvantages of going to the office everyday. Around 75% of people could do their jobs from home or remotely.
In spite of the multiple advantages, videocommuting is still a modality of work little extended. However, the digital transformation of the workplace and the growing trend to improve conciliation between personal and professional life is something unstoppable, so maybe in the future many more companies will join the philosophy of videocommuting as Tixeo did few years ago.
Country Manager Tixeo Iberia/Latam l Secure Multipoint VideoConferencing & VideoCollaboration I Virtual Workplace I SaaS
Mar Souto Romero
University doctor professor.
Ibercampus editorial board