While the government has decided to abolish this measure, students are asking for a higher quality of the higher education system. The demands of the students are as follows:
- Halving of tuition fees
- Increase the value of student votes for the election of deans and rectors from 10% to 50%
- Doubling the budget to be invested in higher education
- Implementation of a student card system
- Quality student housing accessible for everyone
- Providing with adequate research funding to doctorate students
- Inclusion of student representatives at all decision-making bodies of higher education institutions
ESU stands with the Albanian students and therefore supports the aims of the ongoing peaceful student protests.
The European Students’ Union is an international student umbrella organisation that functions regardless of political persuasion, religion, ethnic or cultural origin, sexual orientation or social standing. Our members are also student-run, autonomous, representative and operate according to democratic principles. ESU highly values inclusivity and strives for solidarity within the students’ movement, with condemning every violent action.