With this programme, ESU wants to inspire change and:
- Reshape public discourse around forced migration and confront hate speech in our societies
- Inspire student-led initiatives addressing refugees’ and asylum seekers’ living conditions and not least their access to education
- Build capacity for student representatives to be more responsive to issues related to forced migration, focusing on social inclusion and access to education
- Empower National Student Unions to promote and advocate for clear policies that ease the access of refugees and asylum seekers to Higher Education
- Open up to new student groups and other stakeholders active on refugee issues, especially education
- Build long-lasting links between refugees, their communities, and student communities
ESU kicked off this programme in the winter of 2016. Since then, the organisation supported several valuable projects, shared views with resourceful activists and creative change-makers.
For more information, check out our project webpage.